As the deadline approaches for states to have functional Insurance Exchanges, key insurers are finalizing their strategic approaches to State Exchange markets. The acquisition of Coventry by Aetna highlights the ongoing positioning and preparation by payers to compete in a post-Affordable Care Act era. Changes to the market access landscape facing pharmaceutical manufacturers in the U.S. are the foundation for this new Pharmspective research report, which provides a detailed look at the potential impact of State Exchanges on insurers’ commercial risk business and the resulting impact on pharmaceutical access and coverage.
Pharmspective’s assessment of one of Healthcare Reform’s highest impact changes to the U.S. Healthcare system discusses:
• The battleground states where State Exchanges are likely to have the greatest impact and insurer competitive positions and likely intentions
• Opportunities and threats to market access and coverage of pharmaceuticals, based on assessment of benchmark plans
• The role of MLRs in potential Payer Exchange contracting aggressiveness
• Insurer market entry strategies in ‘Clearinghouse’ states and states where federal government operation of a State Exchange is likely
• Assessment on non-profit to for-profit conversions among insurers and their impact on the market positions of insurers in key states
• Customer prioritization of MCO targets for Pharma Managed Markets Teams
• State Exchange implications for contracting and pricing
Reasons to Purchase State Exchanges Report
• Our report is the first-of-its kind with an indepth view of likely market dynamics surrounding how payers will respond to the State Insurance Exchanges
• Comprehensive assessment on the impact that payers responses will have on market access and coverage of pharmaceuticals
• The insights generated by this research will help Pharma Managed Markets Leaders create a blueprint for future State Exchange Strategy Development
About Pharmspective: Pharmspective, LLC is a Specialty Therapeutics Market Research firm providing commercial insights and knowledge management applications for the biopharmaceutical industry. The company is uniquely focused on understanding the buying process for specialty therapeutics through syndicated market research studies examining clinical decision-making, drug acquisition, access and reimbursement, and therapy administration for specialty therapeutics in autoimmune diseases and Oncology. Pharmspective's Healthcare Reform team provides insights into the Affordable Care Act through its proprietary ClearView knowledge management application, market assessments of the impact of key ACA provisions on healthcare decision-makers, and its HealthCareReformInsider.com website. The company maintains offices in New York City and St. Louis, MO. Follow Pharmspective on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Pharmspective and follow HealthCareReformInsider.com on Twitter at https://twitter.com/HCRinsider.